FRESNO CHANDLER EXECUTIVE AIRPORT
General Aviation for the Central Valley
Situated in California's San Joaquin Valley just 1½ miles west of downtown Fresno, Fresno Chandler Executive Airport was once the city's airline facility and only publicly owned airport. Airline service is now provided at the other city owned airport, Fresno Yosemite International Airport. However, Chandler continues to be an important general aviation airport serving the central San Joaquin Valley.
Fresno Chandler Executive Airport
Airport Code: FCH
510 West Kearney Blvd
Fresno, CA 93706
For Leasing Information contact: 559.621.4511
Rates and Charges
Download the rates and charges document for Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Services available at FCH include engine/airframe repair, avionics repair, helicopter instruction, charter services, and hangar rentals.
612 W. Kearney Blvd, Fresno, CA 93706
Helicopter flight school, Helicopter Rentals, charter services
American Helicopter Website
Flight Line Cafe:
510 West Kearney Blvd. Fresno, CA
D & D Aircraft Service:
918 West Chandler Avenue Fresno, CA 9370
Pacific Coast Avionics
648 W Kearney Blvd, Fresno, CA 93706
520 W Kearney Blvd, Fresno, CA 93706
BCH Aviation Center
Frank X. Ruiz Avionics
Following World War I, there were no real facilities for aviation in the Fresno area. As a result, husband and wife Wilber F. Chandler and Edna Maria Goble allowed pilots to take off and land in their fields once the crops were harvested. Chandler Field was officially dedicated for public use as an air field in November 1929, on a one hundred-acre site donated by the Chandlers.
- In 1923, local fliers organized the "World's Greatest Aerial Circus" to raise funds for a new aviation field. The event included races, parachute jumps and dual wing walking, and was held at "Chandler Field" in the afternoon on Thanksgiving Day.
- On March 23, 1930, Charles A. Lindberg and his wife landed briefly at the airport and were greeted by a crowd of 20,000.
- In 1938, the runway was expanded 4,000 feet as part of a WPA project. However, in 1947, commercial airlines announced the new airfield was too small for the new commercial aircraft. Therefore, Fresno Air Terminal east of the city became the new municipal airport.